Importing Large COM interfaces into Vis Studio 2005 to create interop layer

Greg Hunter

9/27/2007 10:22:00 AM

Hi all.

I have a C++ COM dll which has a very large interface, currently this is
referenced in Delphi 6 by using multiple manually generated _TLB files that
together contain the complete interface of the COM dll.

I have tried to import the COM dll into c# within visual studio 2005, to
consider converting the Delphi project to c# code.

The import goes through with no errors being raised, by when I examine the
interop dll that is created only the first third or so if the interface is
present.

Is there a size limit on the amount of interface that can be mapped in an
interop dll, or can anyone suggest other reasons why the interop creation is
failing before covering the entire interface.

Thanks

Greg.