ActiveX COM Object In COM+

Wayne Berry

9/24/2007 5:36:00 AM

I would like to have my ActiveX Control (User Control in C#) that has a GUI
be hosted in COM+, is this possible? I have to set ComVisible(false) on the
Class in order for it to regasm, and regsvcs correctly, however then it
doesn't show in COM+ under the applications interfaces.

The idea would be that my DLL be instantiated in dllhost.exe (i.e. in COM+),
however the rendering would be handled by the ActiveX container, that "knows"
the COM interfaces to call (i.e. marshall) to the COM+ hosted ActiveX control.

Thanks In Advance,
Wayne
1 Answer

Brian Muth

No. Full ActiveX controls cannot be marshaled. They must run in the address space of the client process.

Brian