Outlook Interop and Sharepoint Webpart

SJ

9/10/2007 10:00:00 PM

Hi Fellow Developers,

I am trying to write a webpart the will read from Outlook calendars.
I sucessfully wrote the application as Windows APP and now I am trying
to convert it into a web part.

However, for some reason the code, in a webpart, always fails at this
point:

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application outlook = new
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application();

What happens in the page hangs and the server finally throws a timeout
exception. I know the chances of finding another web part devloper
that has used interop is slim, but I though I would try.

Thanks,
SirCodesALot