Chris Davoli

9/7/2007 8:26:00 PM

Here is the error I am getting. Anybody know what I need to do to this
component? Do I need to register it? It won't let me regiter it. (see

{"Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154
(REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))"}
[System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException]: {"Class not registered
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))"}
Data: {System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal}
HelpLink: null
InnerException: null
Message: "Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154
(REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))"
Source: "System.Windows.Forms"
StackTrace: " at
System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object
punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)\r\n at
System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithoutLicense(Guid clsid)\r\n at
System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(String license, Guid clsid)\r\n
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Guid clsid)\r\n at
System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()\r\n at
System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()\r\n at
System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)\r\n at
System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()\r\n at
System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)\r\n at
System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)\r\n at
System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()\r\n at
ISEDisplay.ISESampleDlg.InitializeComponent() in C:\\Program
Files\\Stentor\\iSiteSDK\\iSiteSDK3.5\\VisualCSharp.NET\\VisualCSharp.NET\\ISESampleDlg.cs:line 321"
TargetSite: {System.Object CoCreateInstance(System.Guid ByRef,
System.Object, Int32, System.Guid ByRef)}

--
Chris Davoli

2 Answers

G Himangi

Are you trying to create an ActiveX control? Which one? Have you made sure
that the control is registered on the system using regsvr32.exe or similar
tool?

---------
- G Himangi, Sky Software http://www....
Shell MegaPack : GUI Controls For Drop-In Windows Explorer like Shell
Browsing Functionality For Your App (.Net & ActiveX Editions).
EZNamespaceExtensions.Net : Develop namespace extensions rapidly in .Net
EZShellExtensions.Net : Develop all shell extensions,explorer bars and BHOs
rapidly in .Net
---------

"Chris Davoli" <ChrisDavoli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is the error I am getting. Anybody know what I need to do to this
> component? Do I need to register it? It won't let me regiter it. (see
>
> {"Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154
> (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))"}
> [System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException]: {"Class not registered
> (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))"}
> Data: {System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal}
> HelpLink: null
> InnerException: null
> Message: "Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154
> (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))"
> Source: "System.Windows.Forms"
> StackTrace: " at
> System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid,
> Object
> punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)\r\n at
> System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithoutLicense(Guid clsid)\r\n at
> System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(String license, Guid
> clsid)\r\n
> at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Guid clsid)\r\n at
> System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()\r\n at
> System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()\r\n at
> System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)\r\n at
> System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()\r\n at
> System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)\r\n
> at
> System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)\r\n
> at
> System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()\r\n at
> ISEDisplay.ISESampleDlg.InitializeComponent() in C:\\Program
> Files\\Stentor\\iSiteSDK\\iSiteSDK3.5\\VisualCSharp.NET\\VisualCSharp.NET\\ISESampleDlg.cs:line
> 321"
> TargetSite: {System.Object CoCreateInstance(System.Guid ByRef,
> System.Object, Int32, System.Guid ByRef)}
>
> --
> Chris Davoli

DanielPasswater

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having a similar problem. I'm calling some C# code from unmanaged C++; and when I go to CreateInstance(CLSID), I get a "Class not registered" error. My class ID is correct, so I can't figure this out.

Thanks, and good luck.

http://www.egghe...