MI5 Persecution: Channel Four TV News - 10/April/2002 (6171

MI5Victim

8/25/2007 8:10:00 AM

Channel Four TV News - 10/April/2002

Certainty level: 80%

I was watching Jon Snow on Channel Four TV News on Wednesday 10 April, and he again reacted on seeing me
watching his programme. At 7.25pm he was reading an item on atrocities during the Balkan war;

JS: "It was Europe's worst massacre since the Second World War, and Dutch army officers [cough] and the
United Nations should share the blame. So says the first authoritative report into the murder of
thousands of Muslim men in Srebrenice at the height of the Bosnian war in 1995. The 7,500 page document
took Dutch Government researchers six years to prepare, and it condemns military and political leaders
for sending peacekeepers on a mission impossible. Our Foreign Affairs correspondent Gaby Rado,
who went to Srebrenice very soon after the massacre, is with us now. Gaby, how damning is this report?"

GR: "Well it is very severe. It accuses the Dutch Government of sending badly armed and badly briefed
Dutch soldiers into a very dangerous space out of a sense of national arrogance basically. It accuses
the United Nations basically of..."

There are two incidents in this one recording. The first (80% certainty) is when Jon Snow develops a frog in
his throat in the first sentence, shortly after reading the text "Europe's worst massacre". There is both
verbal expression and facial expression at that point; he is laughing at me, which is at odds with the serious
material he is reading. His eyebrows twitch upwards, and he is smirking at the phrase
"Europe's worst massacre", and its application to the Security Service's actions against me. Another aspect
is that when Snow said "Europe's worst massacre", I facially reacted; in return, Snow would have seen
my change of expression, and followed it with his own reaction. He almost says "United States" instead of
"United Nations"; he isn't looking at his autocue, his mind is off what he is reading, instead he is looking
at me in the little monitor where he sees me through the television.

The first incident I'm fairly sure about, but the second I only give a 20% certainty to; it's when Gaby Rado
talks of a "sense of national arrogance", supposedly about the Dutch, but perhaps the English actions
against me for over a decade. If Rado's statement were about me, then it would be condemnatory of MI5
as being "arrogant"; but I cannot be reasonably certain it's about me, or much less so that Snow's
reaction in the first instance, anyway.