comp.programming.threads

What is this nonsense ?

Ramine

4/26/2016 8:22:00 PM

Hello,

I have come to an important subject..

Please look at the USL methodology here:

http://www.perfdynamics.com/Manifesto/USLscalab...

Dr. Gunther the author of the USL methodology is using
nonlinear regression on the performance data measurements
to predict scalability?

But i don't understand this nonsense !

Simply because, in a parallel program, a locked region using
locks can escape contention at fewer cores and fewer
threads and can than hit the contention at more cores and more threads..
so how can you than use nonlinear regression to predict
scalability ? this is complete nonsense !

Can you please explain to me why Dr. Gunther the author of USL
is using nonlinear regression to predict scalability ?

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

1 Answer

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

"Mark K. Bilbo" <gmail@com.mkbilbo> wrote in

> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 09:28:15 -0800 in
> b4a6cbf0-fd1d-4671-9f77-f3150586b805@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com
> , Codebreaker <Codebreaker@bigsecret.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 29, 3:59??pm, "Mark K. Bilbo" <gm...@com.mkbilbo> wrote:
>>> On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:03:34 -0800 in
>>> 10f90ec7-a814-4a41-adea-da3245b0e...@q77g2000hsh.googlegroups.c
>>> om,

>>> "Codebreaker needs psychiatric help"
>>
>> I am cured from EVOLUTION
>
> Now if you could just be cured of your psychosis...

Or cured of his addiction to oxygen.

--
Terry Austin

"There's no law west of the internet."