microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

asp.net errors on mscorlib.resources

Stephen

11/5/2009 8:39:00 AM

Hi everyone

I have been trying to deploy our software to a new virtual server. At
first we used a windows 2003 x64 image and had this problem, and i decided
that since all the other 20 servers were 32 bit, and we have never had this
issue, so we re-imaged the machine to 2003 32 bit image.

The problem continued.

the server has approx 50 websites, and over 200 applications running on it.
most applications run fine, but the main application we have generates an
error
when it is loaded up.

"The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x8007007E)"

using fuslogvw.exe i found cppcodeprovider and jscriptcodeprovider was
needed so
i installed the sdk and jsharp library and this went away. Then we got
the same
error on mscorlib.resources where it was trying to load up the library
with the
"da-dk" culture. I installed the .net language pack and this error
continues.
What is funny regarding this is that the website was programatically
created
based on one of the other servers where all applications run. On any of
the other
servers, the da-dk version of mscorlib.resources is not registered in
GAC. There
are no sdk, language pack, jsharp install on them either.

The server i'm trying to create will be used as a demo server, so standard
install
is not nessecary, it just needs to run.

This is the last fusion log that i've gotten. I can see the library that
must be
loaded in the GAC, so i know it's there.

Doe anyone have any ideas on how i can find the cause of this?

*** Assembly Binder Log Entry (05-11-2009 @ 09:32:44) ***

The operation failed.
Bind result: hr = 0x80070002. The system cannot find the file specified.

Assembly manager loaded from:
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll
Running under executable c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
--- A detailed error log follows.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = Unknown
LOG: DisplayName = mscorlib.resources, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=da,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/windows/system32/inetsrv/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
LOG: Dynamic Base = NULL
LOG: Cache Base = NULL
LOG: AppName = w3wp.exe
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===
LOG: Start binding of native image mscorlib.resources, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=da, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089.
WRN: No matching native image found.

--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera...
1 Answer

Stephen

Hi

sorry for the false alarm. I found that i had a .net library which
referenced a com object which was built with vs2003. I had to copy
msvcr71.dll to the system32 directory and then everything started to
roll. Funny enough i couldnt see any problem from fusion, but it wasnt a
managed error.