microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

The Ultimate Steal !LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!

Kenneth

3/6/2009 6:22:00 PM

As a student, I wanted to give fair warning to those interested in the
"Ultimate Steal" offer because it can wind up being just that; an ultimate
"steal". This is a legitimate offer by all means and is a great value for
students. However, you must be careful as there is no technical support if
you have any issues installing the software; you do receive Microsoft
assistance but only after you have successfully installed which ever software
you are purchasing. Example: I bought both the Office 07' and Vista offers
through the website, after downloading the office suite I returned to order
the Vista as a satisfied customer. Unfortunately, while I am
semi-intelligent but not 100% tech-savvy, I downloaded the 64-bit version of
Vista instead of the 32-bit version supported by my new but technologically
"old" PC. When contacting customer service via Digital River I was told that
there is really "nothing" that can be done because all sales are final and as
is. I understand the concept, but as a handi-cap student on a fixed income,
it is very difficult to save and budget for an expense and then have that
money "ultimately stole" from me in the long run. As a consumer in this
situation I am relatively powerless...all I have is this blog, and a fair
warning to other students who might now be enticed to take advantage of such
an offer. I am not saying that it is a "total" scam or rip-off; but heaven
forbid your computer freeze or you have another technical issue because if
you then your money too will be long gone. So with that I leave to you a
wish for the best of luck with your roll of the dice and like I have titled
this post, please, "!!LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!!�
8 Answers

michael

At least you've been able to contact their custoemr services. I ordered the
wrong product by mistake and three months later they've ignored all my emails
and still havn't even sent me the product I don't want. I'm thinking of
taking out criminal procedings against them as nobody ever answers digital
rivers phones

"Kenneth" wrote:

> As a student, I wanted to give fair warning to those interested in the
> "Ultimate Steal" offer because it can wind up being just that; an ultimate
> "steal". This is a legitimate offer by all means and is a great value for
> students. However, you must be careful as there is no technical support if
> you have any issues installing the software; you do receive Microsoft
> assistance but only after you have successfully installed which ever software
> you are purchasing. Example: I bought both the Office 07' and Vista offers
> through the website, after downloading the office suite I returned to order
> the Vista as a satisfied customer. Unfortunately, while I am
> semi-intelligent but not 100% tech-savvy, I downloaded the 64-bit version of
> Vista instead of the 32-bit version supported by my new but technologically
> "old" PC. When contacting customer service via Digital River I was told that
> there is really "nothing" that can be done because all sales are final and as
> is. I understand the concept, but as a handi-cap student on a fixed income,
> it is very difficult to save and budget for an expense and then have that
> money "ultimately stole" from me in the long run. As a consumer in this
> situation I am relatively powerless...all I have is this blog, and a fair
> warning to other students who might now be enticed to take advantage of such
> an offer. I am not saying that it is a "total" scam or rip-off; but heaven
> forbid your computer freeze or you have another technical issue because if
> you then your money too will be long gone. So with that I leave to you a
> wish for the best of luck with your roll of the dice and like I have titled
> this post, please, "!!LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!!�

Hey You

"Kenneth" wrote:

> As a student, I wanted to give fair warning to those interested in the
> "Ultimate Steal" offer because it can wind up being just that; an ultimate
> "steal". This is a legitimate offer by all means and is a great value for
> students. However, you must be careful as there is no technical support if
> you have any issues installing the software; you do receive Microsoft
> assistance but only after you have successfully installed which ever software
> you are purchasing. Example: I bought both the Office 07' and Vista offers
> through the website, after downloading the office suite I returned to order
> the Vista as a satisfied customer. Unfortunately, while I am
> semi-intelligent but not 100% tech-savvy, I downloaded the 64-bit version of
> Vista instead of the 32-bit version supported by my new but technologically
> "old" PC. When contacting customer service via Digital River I was told that
> there is really "nothing" that can be done because all sales are final and as
> is. I understand the concept, but as a handi-cap student on a fixed income,
> it is very difficult to save and budget for an expense and then have that
> money "ultimately stole" from me in the long run. As a consumer in this
> situation I am relatively powerless...all I have is this blog, and a fair
> warning to other students who might now be enticed to take advantage of such
> an offer. I am not saying that it is a "total" scam or rip-off; but heaven
> forbid your computer freeze or you have another technical issue because if
> you then your money too will be long gone. So with that I leave to you a
> wish for the best of luck with your roll of the dice and like I have titled
> this post, please, "!!LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!!�

Hey You

It is too late. I bought the programs before I saw your posting. Ican not
install either Windows 7 or Office 2007. Do you have any suggestions. I think
I can install 64 bit on a new computer, but it won't complete the
installation and gives a different reason each time. The computer is new and
has on it only what it came with. HELP!!!

"Kenneth" wrote:

> As a student, I wanted to give fair warning to those interested in the
> "Ultimate Steal" offer because it can wind up being just that; an ultimate
> "steal". This is a legitimate offer by all means and is a great value for
> students. However, you must be careful as there is no technical support if
> you have any issues installing the software; you do receive Microsoft
> assistance but only after you have successfully installed which ever software
> you are purchasing. Example: I bought both the Office 07' and Vista offers
> through the website, after downloading the office suite I returned to order
> the Vista as a satisfied customer. Unfortunately, while I am
> semi-intelligent but not 100% tech-savvy, I downloaded the 64-bit version of
> Vista instead of the 32-bit version supported by my new but technologically
> "old" PC. When contacting customer service via Digital River I was told that
> there is really "nothing" that can be done because all sales are final and as
> is. I understand the concept, but as a handi-cap student on a fixed income,
> it is very difficult to save and budget for an expense and then have that
> money "ultimately stole" from me in the long run. As a consumer in this
> situation I am relatively powerless...all I have is this blog, and a fair
> warning to other students who might now be enticed to take advantage of such
> an offer. I am not saying that it is a "total" scam or rip-off; but heaven
> forbid your computer freeze or you have another technical issue because if
> you then your money too will be long gone. So with that I leave to you a
> wish for the best of luck with your roll of the dice and like I have titled
> this post, please, "!!LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!!�

PvdG42

"Hey You" <Hey You@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Kenneth" wrote:
>
>> As a student, I wanted to give fair warning to those interested in the
>> "Ultimate Steal" offer because it can wind up being just that; an
>> ultimate
>> "steal". This is a legitimate offer by all means and is a great value
>> for
>> students. However, you must be careful as there is no technical support
>> if
>> you have any issues installing the software; you do receive Microsoft
>> assistance but only after you have successfully installed which ever
>> software
>> you are purchasing. Example: I bought both the Office 07' and Vista
>> offers
>> through the website, after downloading the office suite I returned to
>> order
>> the Vista as a satisfied customer. Unfortunately, while I am
>> semi-intelligent but not 100% tech-savvy, I downloaded the 64-bit version
>> of
>> Vista instead of the 32-bit version supported by my new but
>> technologically
>> "old" PC. When contacting customer service via Digital River I was told
>> that
>> there is really "nothing" that can be done because all sales are final
>> and as
>> is. I understand the concept, but as a handi-cap student on a fixed
>> income,
>> it is very difficult to save and budget for an expense and then have that
>> money "ultimately stole" from me in the long run. As a consumer in this
>> situation I am relatively powerless...all I have is this blog, and a fair
>> warning to other students who might now be enticed to take advantage of
>> such
>> an offer. I am not saying that it is a "total" scam or rip-off; but
>> heaven
>> forbid your computer freeze or you have another technical issue because
>> if
>> you then your money too will be long gone. So with that I leave to you a
>> wish for the best of luck with your roll of the dice and like I have
>> titled
>> this post, please, "!!LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!!�

You need to understand that it's your responsibility to purchase the correct
software for your hardware. You also need to look in the mirror and then
shout "Look before you leap!". You were provided an opportunity to purchase
the software at over 90% discount, and the terms were clearly stated.

If you need assistance with either product, you also need to locate the
correct forum/discussion group for your question(s). While there is nothing
anyone can do to allow you to install and use a 64 bit OS on 32 bit
hardware, your Office 2007 Ultimate should work with either 32 or 64 bit
hardware/OS.

For help with Office:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgro...

In the tree on the left, open English, then open Office and Desktop
Applications. In the Office and Desktop Applications
subcategory, find and open the Office subcategory. Find a group there for
your question.

For help with Windows 7:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categor...

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/categor...

wildfunsumer

i just purchased the ultimate steal myself, and everything seems fine, but i
am going through my computer and cannot find what i just downloaded! i also
am not tech-savvy, but i am also not stupid. i am upset because i was never
told any of this, as i was referred by two of my teachers to purchase the
product.

"Kenneth" wrote:

> As a student, I wanted to give fair warning to those interested in the
> "Ultimate Steal" offer because it can wind up being just that; an ultimate
> "steal". This is a legitimate offer by all means and is a great value for
> students. However, you must be careful as there is no technical support if
> you have any issues installing the software; you do receive Microsoft
> assistance but only after you have successfully installed which ever software
> you are purchasing. Example: I bought both the Office 07' and Vista offers
> through the website, after downloading the office suite I returned to order
> the Vista as a satisfied customer. Unfortunately, while I am
> semi-intelligent but not 100% tech-savvy, I downloaded the 64-bit version of
> Vista instead of the 32-bit version supported by my new but technologically
> "old" PC. When contacting customer service via Digital River I was told that
> there is really "nothing" that can be done because all sales are final and as
> is. I understand the concept, but as a handi-cap student on a fixed income,
> it is very difficult to save and budget for an expense and then have that
> money "ultimately stole" from me in the long run. As a consumer in this
> situation I am relatively powerless...all I have is this blog, and a fair
> warning to other students who might now be enticed to take advantage of such
> an offer. I am not saying that it is a "total" scam or rip-off; but heaven
> forbid your computer freeze or you have another technical issue because if
> you then your money too will be long gone. So with that I leave to you a
> wish for the best of luck with your roll of the dice and like I have titled
> this post, please, "!!LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!!�

Larry

Reguardless of what they say you are entitled a refund by law if you did not
recieve the product you wanted, if they are unable to make the situation
right with them you can contact your bank and request a charge back. This is
a long and lenghty dispute. In the end they will deactivate your key but you
will have you money back. and by the way linux is free. I was duped too by
the ultimate rip off. The claim to have windows 7 pro, but it's only an
upgrade not a clean install which makes the CD key useless. Know your rights

"Kenneth" wrote:

> As a student, I wanted to give fair warning to those interested in the
> "Ultimate Steal" offer because it can wind up being just that; an ultimate
> "steal". This is a legitimate offer by all means and is a great value for
> students. However, you must be careful as there is no technical support if
> you have any issues installing the software; you do receive Microsoft
> assistance but only after you have successfully installed which ever software
> you are purchasing. Example: I bought both the Office 07' and Vista offers
> through the website, after downloading the office suite I returned to order
> the Vista as a satisfied customer. Unfortunately, while I am
> semi-intelligent but not 100% tech-savvy, I downloaded the 64-bit version of
> Vista instead of the 32-bit version supported by my new but technologically
> "old" PC. When contacting customer service via Digital River I was told that
> there is really "nothing" that can be done because all sales are final and as
> is. I understand the concept, but as a handi-cap student on a fixed income,
> it is very difficult to save and budget for an expense and then have that
> money "ultimately stole" from me in the long run. As a consumer in this
> situation I am relatively powerless...all I have is this blog, and a fair
> warning to other students who might now be enticed to take advantage of such
> an offer. I am not saying that it is a "total" scam or rip-off; but heaven
> forbid your computer freeze or you have another technical issue because if
> you then your money too will be long gone. So with that I leave to you a
> wish for the best of luck with your roll of the dice and like I have titled
> this post, please, "!!LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!!�

Larry

you can buy an OEM copy for 139.95 which is the same as no support, that is
not a 90% discount. that is like 50% off The site also needs to clearly
state this is an upgrade which is clear violation of the law by misleading
consumers and worse yet nieve students who are unaware of there rights.

Linux Is Free

"PvdG42" wrote:

> [...]
> software for your hardware. You also need to look in the mirror and then
> shout "Look before you leap!". You were provided an opportunity to purchase
> the software at over 90% discount, and the terms were clearly stated.
>
> If you need assistance with either product, you also need to locate the
> correct forum/discussion group for your question(s). While there is nothing
> anyone can do to allow you to install and use a 64 bit OS on 32 bit
> hardware, your Office 2007 Ultimate should work with either 32 or 64 bit
> hardware/OS.
>
> For help with Office:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgro...
>
> In the tree on the left, open English, then open Office and Desktop
> Applications. In the Office and Desktop Applications
> subcategory, find and open the Office subcategory. Find a group there for

Disgusted with Microsoft

I am having the same problem with the ultimalte "Steal" I purcahsed it and
tried first to put the code in to the Microsoft Office that was intalled on
my computer. It told me that the code was wrong. So, I went ahead and tried
to download the program the whole way only I couldn't. It kept taking an hour
an hour and a half and even two hours. But the download wouldn't finish. I
am a single mom of two and I pdon't have hours to wait for this download to
finish. So I stopped it and and kept on trying. Well, apparently I tried to
download it eleven times. You are only aloud to downloaded it 10 times. I
have spent nearly 10 HOURS trying to download this thing and now I have to
pay to get custome service!!!! $39 for a frikin e-mail?!? OUTRAGEOUS! I even
paid for the extended download! What I rip. If I didn't need it for my class
I would not even have downloaded it. You can use OPEN OFFICE for free and
save your document as a word 2007 document. Same thing with Microsoft Works.
How sad. I even waited till the last minute to purchase it because I didn't
have the money to spend. VERY UPSET.