microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Setup Project - Capture User Date (Second Attempt

Smurfman-MSDN

2/2/2009 3:55:00 PM

Using Visual Basic 2008 (Second Attempt for Reply - Prior was 01-28-2009)

If I add a Textboxes(A) to my User Interface Setup, and define 2 input
fields: 1 for Client Number, and 2 for Client Location.

Here is my question(s)

1) How can I capture the data and either store the value in the Registry
(1st Choice) or capture and use in my program to then write to the Registry?

Also, when I add the dialog box, the new page in the User Interface Designer
shows a blue "squiggally" under it, but there is no reference to what this
error is, and the project compiles and the dialog boxes even show for the
install...

Thanks

Phil Wilson

These are Visual Studio setup project questions - that's probably why you
didn't get any replies here.

The textbox values are associated with properties, TEXTA1 or something. Just
create a registry item in the IDE registry view and give it the value
[TEXTA1] - it'll be resolved to the actual value at install time.
--
Phil Wilson
Definitive Guide to Windows Installer