microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Disable logging of parameter in custom action

florin

11/7/2008 5:24:00 PM

Hi all,

I have a custom action in which I use the logging functinality. My
problem is that all parameters are authomatically logged, which I
don't want because some of the parameters are sql db passwords.

Is it possible to disable logging of parameters?

Thanks,
florin
1 Answer

Phil Wilson

You set the MsiHiddenProperties property in the MSI file's property table to
be a semi-colon separated list of the property names you want to hide.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa3...

This is a Windows Installer thing, nothing to with .NET. Because you posted
here I'm assuming that you're using Visual Studio Setup Projects, and this
has limited functionality and no support in the IDE, so you'll need to edit
the MSI file with Orca.

--
Phil Wilson
Definitive Guide to Windows Installer