microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

do I need to enable dot net 1.1 on server 2008?

Clint

9/29/2008 3:15:00 PM

I have a program I tried to install on server 2008 which said it requires
..net 1.1.4322... I assumed this older version would be built in to server
2008 and so I checked the windows directory and there is a folder for this
specific version. So why does this program's install routine think its not
there? Do I need to explicitly enable .net 1.1 somehow first? If so where? I
did not see it listed in the add/remove features section?

3 Answers

Dave Patrick

I'd contact the application developer.

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.c...

"James" wrote:
>I have a program I tried to install on server 2008 which said it requires
>.net 1.1.4322... I assumed this older version would be built in to server
>2008 and so I checked the windows directory and there is a folder for this
>specific version. So why does this program's install routine think its not
>there? Do I need to explicitly enable .net 1.1 somehow first? If so where?
>I did not see it listed in the add/remove features section?

Cowboy

..NET 1.1 is NOT installed on Windows Server 2008 by default. There is a
folder, but take a look at what is in there. It is simply a couple of
configuration files.

If the app is 1.1, and cannot run on 2.0 (doubtful, but the installer may
force the issue), you will either have to have them compile it for 2.0 (or
remove the restriction from the installer) or install 1.1.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Subscribe to my blog
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Greg...

or just read it:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gre...

| Think outside the box! |
"James" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I have a program I tried to install on server 2008 which said it requires
>.net 1.1.4322... I assumed this older version would be built in to server
>2008 and so I checked the windows directory and there is a folder for this
>specific version. So why does this program's install routine think its not
>there? Do I need to explicitly enable .net 1.1 somehow first? If so where?
>I did not see it listed in the add/remove features section?

Clint

ok Thank you.

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <NoSpamMgbworld@comcast.netNoSpamM> wrote in
message news:u$1$rSlIJHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...