microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Configured Assemblies - get and set

JH

7/29/2008 4:10:00 AM

(Please let me know if this is not the right forum to post this question.)

So we'd like to copy the "Configured Assemblies" settings and deploy the
same
list (configure the assemblies the same way) on other machines. Is there a
Windows
or .NET API to get and set this information?

We tried to read the info from this file:
"%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v#.#.####\CONFIG\machine.config"

There are two issues:
1. it's probably not the documented/supported way for this purpose
2. it doesn't always work on 64bit machines. On 64bit machines, the file is
sometimes
in Framework, sometimes in Framework64. Usually two copies of the
machine.config
file exist. Sometimes one is modified (when configured assemblies changes
are done
in mscorecfg) some times the other file is modified. We haven't figured out
when to
use which file.

1 Answer

JH

Any MS engineers checking/responsible for this group?