microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

installed v3.5 but unable to use it

AmitBajaj

5/28/2008 6:28:00 AM

I have installed .net framework v3.5 for a application dependent on it. The application crashes upon startup on an XP machine. I tried to find out which version of .net is in use and it returned me with v2 even though 3.5 is installed.
I manually updated the .config file to force v3.5 but this returned a message saying v3.5 is not installed.
I even checked the IIS configuration and under "ASP.NET" is lists only v1 and v2. There is no v3 anywhere except for the directories it has created under \Windows\Microsoft.net\framework.
Please HELP.

PS: The same application when installed with V3.5 on Vista works fine.