microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

No connection to Microsoft's download-server while trying to install NET Framework 3.0 SP1

Herbert A. Eberth

3/20/2008 3:13:00 PM

Trying to install NET Framework 3.0 SP1, I can't get connection to
Microsoft's download-server. The setup tool retries five times and then
stopps, asking me to send the error-report to Microsoft.
I also can't get connection to Windows Update via Internet Explorer,
although I followed advice of Microsoft's Support Website on this problem.
Has anyone experienced the same and got some solution?

Regards
Herbert
1 Answer

Rehman Gul

I was having exactly the same problem....

Go to Internet Explorer, tools, internet options, security tab, select
internet (zone).....

press custom level button and reset custom settings......change it to
anything from low to medium to high....the point is to change it and try
running the setup.....this kind of worked for me......

Remember to add http://www.mic... in your trusted sites zone....

Hope this helps-

--
Rehman Gul [MVP, MCTS SharePoint]