microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

.net Framework 2.0 dysfunctional

Peter Green

3/16/2008 2:36:00 AM

I'm having trouble with .net Framework 2.0.
In 2007 I received a security update, but could not install it.
I'm trying to use a program which uses 2.0, but it doesn't work at all.
I can't use N:\dotnetframework\dotnetfx.exe /t:c:\temp /c:"msiexec.exe /i
c:\temp\netfx.msi REINSTALL=ALL ReinstallMODE=vomus" (the command provided
on the MS website support for 2.0) to reinstall the 2.0.

I have a feeling that the 2.0 is not configured properly on my computer.
I have .net Frameworks 1.1, 2.0 SP1, 3.0 SP1, and 3.5.
What should I do?
--
Peter Green

1 Answer

Phil Wilson

A couple of things:

1) MSI-based setups sometimes aren't happy installing from network drives
because they are user based. Subst drives don't work with MSI either. Use
UNC, \\servername\share.. etc. If your original 2.0 install was fron a
mapped drive that might be the source of your issues. Is it still available?

2) Those propertiies are case-sensitive. If you used ReinstallMODE or that's
what the MS website (where is it?) recommends then it's wrong. It's
REINSTALLMODE.

--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP-Windows Installer]