microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Primary Output during an upgrade is not using the newer version of the assembly

Elie

2/26/2008 5:20:00 PM

I have a Setup and Deployment project with an helper dll as a Primary
Output used in custom actions. When I run the install on top of an
older version of the product, the older product gets uninstalled and
the newer one is installed as expected. However, the old helper dll is
used instead of the new one during the install process. I have changed
the assembly version on this dll but it did not help. Is there any
other solution other than renaming the dll and having to put a version
on the filename itself?
Thank you
2 Answers

Phil Wilson

This recommends changing the strong name:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/90...
--
Phil Wilson
[MVP Windows Installer]

"Elie" <elieazar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Setup and Deployment project with an helper dll as a Primary
> Output used in custom actions. When I run the install on top of an
> older version of the product, the older product gets uninstalled and
> the newer one is installed as expected. However, the old helper dll is
> used instead of the new one during the install process. I have changed
> the assembly version on this dll but it did not help. Is there any
> other solution other than renaming the dll and having to put a version
> on the filename itself?
> Thank you

Elie

Phil,

Thank you for the info.
I will change the strong name and give it a shot.

Elie