microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols

Creating Custom ListView LayoutTemplate and ItemTemplate items

roblaro

11/23/2009 4:31:00 PM

I have an issue that I have been unable to find an answer for.

I have a ListView that I am binding the results of a SQL Stored procedure
to. The trick is that I will not know, until runtime, which columns need to
be displayed. This will depend on the user's configuration and could vary
quite greatly.

I have tried creating custom classes, inherited from iTemplate, but have
been unable to find success.

To see what I am talking about, you can download my example project from
http://www.valexander.com/other/ListViewTempla...

If you run the Default.aspx page, you will see where I have a standard
ListView declaration and how it displays.

Then, if you run LoadDynamicItemTemplate.aspx, you will notice that there is
no data displayed. This page is trying to add my custom ItemTemplate prior to
binding the ListView.

Finally, if you run LoadDynamicLayouTemplate.aspx, you will see an error
indicating that my LayoutTemplate does not have a placeholder control. This
page is trying to load my custom LayoutTemplate prior to binding the ListView.

This is really got me running in circles. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob Gibilaro
--