web apps + remoting sometimes request queue force to iisreset

Mouse

I have web client application and web server application. The client will
send remoting request to the server. In a normal condition, the client app
runs smoothly. But sometimes, the client will request queue up due to too
many requests from users, and that requests will trigger remoting server. At
the very beginning, the client still can handle the requests as the queue
will goes down, and the remoting response will return from the server. But
after awhile, the client will queue up and even can't send the request to
the server web. Eventually, the client app down. Does anyone know what's the
problem causing it? Please give me some hints as I even can't find what's
problem it is. As read from the newsgroup that remoting has problem with
threadpool, is this causing this problem?
Thanks,
dicky

1 Answer

Sam Santiago

You might want to read this article that talks about optimizing ASP.NET when
it makes calls to webservices and other approaches that make blocking calls
from an ASP like remoting or long running SQL queries:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnservice/html/service07...

Thanks,

Sam

--