Is Microsoft going to drop Remoting?

Hani Atassi

11/4/2004 10:24:00 PM

I wonder if Microsoft is going to keep .NET remoting as it's in .NET
Framework 1.1 when Windows Longhorn comes out with the new technology
(Indigo)?

What would happen to our applications that we already built using .NET
Remoting? Is there going to be an easy migration?

Thanks,

2 Answers

Sam Santiago

You might want to search MSDN for articles on Indigo, the next generation
technology for connected systems. Check out the FAQ for your question:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnlong/html/indi...

Are migrations ever easy ;-). The FAQ claims it should be "smooth"
migration.

Thanks,

Sam

--
_______________________________
Sam Santiago
"Hani Atassi" <hani@community.nospam> wrote in message
> I wonder if Microsoft is going to keep .NET remoting as it's in .NET
> Framework 1.1 when Windows Longhorn comes out with the new technology
> (Indigo)?
>
> What would happen to our applications that we already built using .NET
> Remoting? Is there going to be an easy migration?
>
> Thanks,

Hani Atassi

Thanks Sam.. The page solved all my questions and consernes.. The good thing
is that .NET remoting will still in the framework and the migration is smooth
if we need to move into the new Indigo :)