Full C++ example including events

Phil Greg

I recently downloaded an example solution using the interface approach,
which helped me out a lot... However, I'm still having trouble with events,
and passing classes defined in the common project as arguments to server
functions. If anyone could provide me, or tell me where to find, and example
(preferably in c++) where this stuff is implemented, and works out, it would
help me out a great deal.

Thanks!

Phil
5 Answers

Sam Santiago

The GotDotNet site has several examples in C++. Be sure to use the links at
the top of each example to see the server, client, interface, and makefile:

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/latebreaking/default.as...

Thanks,

Sam

--
_______________________________
Sam Santiago
"Phil Greg" <Phil Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I recently downloaded an example solution using the interface approach,
> which helped me out a lot... However, I'm still having trouble with
events,
> and passing classes defined in the common project as arguments to server
> functions. If anyone could provide me, or tell me where to find, and
example
> (preferably in c++) where this stuff is implemented, and works out, it
would
> help me out a great deal.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Phil

Phil Greg

Thanks a lot, I'll give that a try.

Phil

"Sam Santiago" wrote:

> The GotDotNet site has several examples in C++. Be sure to use the links at
> the top of each example to see the server, client, interface, and makefile:
>
> http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/latebreaking/default.as...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sam
>
> --
> _______________________________
> Sam Santiago
> ssantiago@n0spam-SoftiTechture.com
> http://www.SoftiTe...
> _______________________________
> "Phil Greg" <Phil Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently downloaded an example solution using the interface approach,
> > which helped me out a lot... However, I'm still having trouble with
> events,
> > and passing classes defined in the common project as arguments to server
> > functions. If anyone could provide me, or tell me where to find, and
> example
> > (preferably in c++) where this stuff is implemented, and works out, it
> would
> > help me out a great deal.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Phil

Ken Kolda

It's in C# instead of C++, but it may help:

http://www.bearcanyon.com/dotnet/#Re...

Ken

"Phil Greg" <Phil Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I recently downloaded an example solution using the interface approach,
> which helped me out a lot... However, I'm still having trouble with
events,
> and passing classes defined in the common project as arguments to server
> functions. If anyone could provide me, or tell me where to find, and
example
> (preferably in c++) where this stuff is implemented, and works out, it
would
> help me out a great deal.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Phil

Jacky Kwok

Phil Greg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently downloaded an example solution using the interface approach,
> which helped me out a lot... However, I'm still having trouble with events,
> and passing classes defined in the common project as arguments to server
> functions. If anyone could provide me, or tell me where to find, and example
> (preferably in c++) where this stuff is implemented, and works out, it would
> help me out a great deal.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Phil

Does your application run well in Dotnet 1.0 but fail in Dotnet 1.1 ?

If yes, you encounter a security policy change in Dotnet1.1.

refer
http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/changeinfo/Backwards1.0to1.1/default.asp...

--
Jacky Kwok
jacky@alumni_DOT_cuhk_DOT_edu_DOT_hk

Phil Greg

It did, and I had read this article somewhere, which did help me out. Things
are going good, thanks people!