Callback delegate fails on Remoting

Duy Le

11/3/2004 6:11:00 AM

Hello
I have a SecurityException problem when doing a callback delegate from my remoting singleton object. The remoting object is hosted by a windows service. The stack trace indicates that it is trying to deserialize my remoting callback method. I'm aware of setting the FilterType property to FULL when calling the remote object to avoid .NET Framework 1.1 deserialization restriction. On my laptop, this works great. However, when I deploy this to my customers desktop, it throws a SecurityException. I've checked to make sure that my security permission in CodeGroup is set to Full Trust in .NET Framework Configuration utility. What else am I missing

Thanks!

---
Posted using Wimdows.net Newsgroups - http://www.wimdows.net/n...
2 Answers

Ken Kolda

Can you post the entire exception?

"Duy Le" <duydle@-NOSPAM-safeco.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have a SecurityException problem when doing a callback delegate from my
remoting singleton object. The remoting object is hosted by a windows
service. The stack trace indicates that it is trying to deserialize my
remoting callback method. I'm aware of setting the FilterType property to
FULL when calling the remote object to avoid .NET Framework 1.1
deserialization restriction. On my laptop, this works great. However, when
I deploy this to my customers desktop, it throws a SecurityException. I've
checked to make sure that my security permission in CodeGroup is set to Full
Trust in .NET Framework Configuration utility. What else am I missing?

> Thanks!
>
> ---
> Posted using Wimdows.net Newsgroups - http://www.wimdows.net/n...

Duy Le

Here's the stack trace for the SecurityException

mscorlib.dll!System.Security.SecurityRuntime.FrameDescSetHelper(System.Security.FrameSecurityDescriptor secDesc = {System.Security.FrameSecurityDescriptor}, System.Security.PermissionSet demandSet = {System.Security.PermissionSet}, System.Security.PermissionSet alteredDemandSet = <undefined value>) + 0xd5 bytes

mscorlib.dll!System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterServices.GetSafeUninitializedObject(System.Type type = {"System.Runtime.Remoting.ObjRef"}) + 0x116 bytes

mscorlib.dll!System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ParseObject(System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ParseRecord pr = {System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ParseRecord}) + 0x14f bytes

mscorlib.dll!System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Parse(System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ParseRecord pr = {System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ParseRecord}) + 0x4a bytes

mscorlib.dll!System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryObjectWithMapTyped record = {System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryObjectWithMapTyped}) + 0x438 bytes

mscorlib.dll!System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryHeaderEnum binaryHeaderEnum = ObjectWithMapTyped) + 0x59 bytes

mscorlib.dll!System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run() + 0x110 bytes
mscorlib.dll!System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler handler = {System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler}, System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser serParser = {System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser}, bool fCheck = false, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage = <undefined value>) + 0x16f bytes

mscorlib.dll!System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(System.IO.Stream serializationStream = {System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpFixedLengthReadingStream}, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler handler = {System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler}, bool fCheck = false, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage = <undefined value>) + 0x166 bytes

mscorlib.dll!System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.UnsafeDeserialize(System.IO.Stream serializationStream = {System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpFixedLengthReadingStream}, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler handler = {System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler}) + 0x19 bytes

system.runtime.remoting.dll!System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CoreChannel.DeserializeBinaryRequestMessage(string objectUri = "/d47e87d6_2afd_4e48_89da_c754bee99d21/W346RKx2QO0nzAQ4veq7RPKv_1.rem", System.IO.Stream inputStream = {System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpFixedLengthReadingStream}, bool bStrictBinding = false, System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.TypeFilterLevel securityLevel = Low) + 0x7a bytes

system.runtime.remoting.dll!System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerTransportSink.ServiceRequest(System.Object state = {System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerSocketHandler}) + 0x107 bytes

system.runtime.remoting.dll!System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ProcessRequestNow() + 0x3d bytes

system.runtime.remoting.dll!System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RequestQueue.ProcessNextRequest(System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler sh = {System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerSocketHandler}) + 0x29 bytes

system.runtime.remoting.dll!System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.BeginReadMessageCallback(System.IAsyncResult ar = {System.Net.Sockets.OverlappedAsyncResult}) + 0xa9 bytes

system.dll!System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.InvokeCallback() + 0x27 bytes
system.dll!System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.InvokeCallback(bool completedSynchronously = false, System.Object result = {1211}) + 0x23 bytes

system.dll!System.Net.Sockets.OverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(uint errorCode = 0, uint numBytes = 1211, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped = 1746288) + 0xf2 bytes

---
Posted using Wimdows.net Newsgroups - http://www.wimdows.net/n...