Re: CAO Factory and Threading

Ken Kolda

11/1/2004 4:36:00 PM

Although remoting is multithreaded, individual remoted objects are not
assigned their own thread. An inbound request can be serviced by any thread
in the thread pool, so there's no guarantee that the same thread will be
used on subsequent requests into the same remote object. Now, on the other
hand, if what you're really asking is "how can I make sure that two threads
don't access my object concurrently", the answer is in using the locks, e.g.

lock (this)
{
// .. Access your resource here that needs to be protected from
concurrent thread access.
}

Hope that helps -
Ken