Can I get return string from a remoting method by parameter, other than return value of method function? Thank you.

David

In my web app behind code(VB .NET),I call my another class' methods. I get
error message resulted from the methods by string return value of this
method function.
It works fine. My question is whether I can get these string return values
by a pointer type parameter of the method, the same as VC or C language?
Does VB .NET support string pointer type?
If yes, any sample codes?
Thanks.

2 Answers

Ken Kolda

Have you tried adding a ByRef string parameter to the function?

"David" <David_Wang_Xian@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> In my web app behind code(VB .NET),I call my another class' methods. I get
> error message resulted from the methods by string return value of this
> method function.
> It works fine. My question is whether I can get these string return values
> by a pointer type parameter of the method, the same as VC or C language?
> Does VB .NET support string pointer type?
> If yes, any sample codes?
> Thanks.

David

OK, let me try.