Pedro Gago

10/27/2004 12:08:00 PM

Dear all,

anybody knows how can I monitor .net remoting? For instance, how many
instances of the server component are created? how many traffic is there in
the network? Etc.

Thanks and Regards

Pedro

1 Answer

Ken Kolda

For the # of server objects, you have a couple of choices:

1) Maintain a count yourself. Whenver a server object is constructed,
increment a static counter.
2) Using Performance Monitor, for to the ".NET Remoting" group and monitor
the # of Context-bound objects created in your server (I've never done this
but assume it should work).

For the network traffic, look at other performance monitor items, such as
the IO counters in the Process counter group. Or you can use a third-party
network monitoring/proxy tool such as TcpTrace. OR, you could write your own
network proxy that simply listens on a part and forwards data to another
process/port -- it just records the number of bytes on the way.

Ken