.net remoting and office tools access denied

Phil

10/26/2004 3:13:00 PM

I'm using the interop assemblies for office tools with .net remoting. I
tested the class that I made (which opens and saves a word document) without
..net remoting and it worked fine. Once I put it into IIS and call it
remotely, however, I get an access denied error. I already set permissions to
everyone with full control to all folder and files it access. I also set the
bin folder to have full trust permission for .net using the .net
configuration tool.

Can anyone help?
2 Answers

Ken Kolda

One possible cause I can think of is that your DCOM settings don't allow
instantiation of the Word component by the user who the web app is running
as. Run "dcomcnfg" and locate the item "Microsoft Word Document". Go to the
Security tab and check the access and launch permissions. You'll probably
need to add the ASPNET user (if using IIS 5) or the Network Service user
(for IIS 6) to both of these permission sets.

Ken

"Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using the interop assemblies for office tools with .net remoting. I
> tested the class that I made (which opens and saves a word document)
without
> .net remoting and it worked fine. Once I put it into IIS and call it
> remotely, however, I get an access denied error. I already set permissions
> everyone with full control to all folder and files it access. I also set
the
> bin folder to have full trust permission for .net using the .net
> configuration tool.
>
> Can anyone help?

Phil

Thanks, that worked!