Extending WebServices and consumers of such with IServerChannelSin

Johan Johansson

10/26/2004 2:07:00 PM

I know that you can create your own IServerChannelSink and IClientChannelSink
implementations to extend .Net remoting with whatever extra mechanisms you
need, but is it possible to do the same with WebService's and consumers of
such?

The reason I ask is that I need to make encryption-decryption of data sent
between client and server transparant.

And if it's possible to add such sinks, how do I do it? Is it a matter of
configuration and or implementation?

Regards
Johan Johansson
1 Answer

Ken Kolda

Can you just use HTTPS for securing the message transport between client and
server? If not, I'd recommend reading about the Web Service Extension (WSE)
classes, which include functionality for encrypting SOAP messages.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/wse/html/gxconGetting_S...

Ken