Sartori Stefano

10/26/2004 10:51:00 AM

Do you known if Remoting runs with XP SP2 in vb.net ?
Because I try to execute SDK examples in my XP SP2 (locally with Firewall
Disabled), but it not running properly.
If I execute the example in Win2000 SP4 .NET 1.1 or Win2k3 they haven't
problems.

Thanks

Stefano Sartori

2 Answers

csliuyb

Have you opend the listening port of windows firewall for xp sp2

"Sartori Stefano" wrote:

> Do you known if Remoting runs with XP SP2 in vb.net ?
> Because I try to execute SDK examples in my XP SP2 (locally with Firewall
> Disabled), but it not running properly.
> If I execute the example in Win2000 SP4 .NET 1.1 or Win2k3 they haven't
> problems.
>
> Thanks
>
> Stefano Sartori

Sartori Stefano

Yes, Firewall was disabled.
But I've found the problem:
I use Panda Antivirus controlled by the Server in the domain (AdminSecure)
with Client Antivirus automatically installed on every PC (Panda
ClientShield).
With this software Remoting is Blocked.
I've Disinstalled Panda ClientShield on my PC and Installed instead Panda
Platinum. Now I've not problems.
Thanks,

Stefano Sartori