can I use Remoting to implement automation for WinForms programs?

Scott Weinstein

10/22/2004 8:25:00 PM

I've been under the impression that one of the main intentions of Remoting is
to be the .Net equivalent of COM Automation.
After spending an hour with Google I'm no longer so sure.

I have a WinForms application (MainWFA) which I'd like to be able to control
from another WinForms application (adminWFA).
Are there any examples that demonstrate how I could setup MainWFA an an
automation/Remoting server and adminWFA as an automation/Remoting client?

1 Answer

John Wood

Sounds like you want to use remoting for inter-process communication (IPC).
You can do this, just follow any remoting example you see, but use localhost
as the server name (to connect to the same machine).

--
John Wood
EMail: first name, dot, second name at priorganize.com