Ice

10/21/2004 10:45:00 PM

All -

I've done this so many times in the past, so I hope I am missing something
obvious. My server config file looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<configuration>

<system.runtime.remoting>

<application>

<service>

<wellknown

mode = "Singleton"

type = "RemoteObject.RemoteObject,RemoteObject"

objectUri = "RemoteObject"

/>

</service>

<channels>

<channel ref = "tcp" port ="8000"/>

<serverProviders>

<formatter ref="binary" typeFilterLevel="Full"/>

</serverProviders>

</channels>

</application>

</system.runtime.remoting>

</configuration>

and my client config file is similar except for the necessary changes. When
I pass a custom object from my client to my server I get the
"System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Because of security
restrictions" error.

When I do the configuration in code i.e. set the typeFilter property on the
provider, I don't get this error. It's almost like the framework is not
reading file in its entirety. Has anyone seen this or have suggestions?

I am running framework v1.1 sp1 on W2K3.

Thanks.

Eb

2 Answers

Ken Kolda

The <serverProviders> should be within the <channel> tag, e.g.

<channels>
<channel ref = "tcp" port ="8000">
<serverProviders>
<formatter ref="binary" typeFilterLevel="Full"/>
</serverProviders>
</channel>
</channels>

Ken

"Ice" <ice@nospam.com> wrote in message
> All -
>
> I've done this so many times in the past, so I hope I am missing something
> obvious. My server config file looks like this:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
>
> <configuration>
>
> <system.runtime.remoting>
>
> <application>
>
> <service>
>
> <wellknown
>
> mode = "Singleton"
>
> type = "RemoteObject.RemoteObject,RemoteObject"
>
> objectUri = "RemoteObject"
>
> />
>
> </service>
>
> <channels>
>
> <channel ref = "tcp" port ="8000"/>
>
> <serverProviders>
>
> <formatter ref="binary" typeFilterLevel="Full"/>
>
> </serverProviders>
>
> </channels>
>
> </application>
>
> </system.runtime.remoting>
>
> </configuration>
>
> and my client config file is similar except for the necessary changes.
When
> I pass a custom object from my client to my server I get the
> "System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Because of security
> restrictions" error.
>
> When I do the configuration in code i.e. set the typeFilter property on
the
> provider, I don't get this error. It's almost like the framework is not
> reading file in its entirety. Has anyone seen this or have suggestions?
>
> I am running framework v1.1 sp1 on W2K3.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Eb

Ice

for the life of me, I wouldn't have noticed it.
i have to cut out these long hours:)
thanks Ken
ice