Greg

10/14/2004 5:17:00 PM

I am trying to figure out WHAT in my object library needs to be made into a
remotable object, specifically servers that can be called by a client at any
time.

1. From my client, I will need to access one assembly across a remoting
boundary. That assembly contains a method for application level
authentication. It will pass back to the client a serialized token
containing data to be utilized for authorization.

2. Upon successful completion of 1 above, the client will need to pass this
serialized token to another assembly back across the same remoting boundary
which contains methods which are gatekeepers to the heart of the
application.

My question is this. Do I create a configuration file for each of these two
assemblies as two separate server hosts, each of which will be accessed
separately at different times?

Thank you. -hazz

1 Answer

Sam Santiago

That depends on your design. For example, you might want the first to be an
SAO Singleton and the 2nd to be an SAO SingleCall. Or you might want to
combine both into one CAO. The intended use sounds more like an SAO. If
you decide to expose both services as the same type of remote object, SAO
Singleton for example, you could have only one object with different methods
for authentication and authorization.

Thanks,

Sam

--