Beginner: Remoting - host application

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

10/14/2004 6:12:00 AM

I've read and stepped through many examples of remoting,
and all the text and samples make use of console
applications for the host (listener) application. Could
someone let me know what other options there are (windows
forms host application?) and possibly provide a simple example?
ie. if it's a windows forms application, is it possible to
feed a form in the host application with data from the host
application (status data etc.)?
Thanks in advance.
2 Answers

Sam Santiago

Read the Hosts section in this document:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag/html/scalenetchapt11.asp?frame=true#scalenetchapt...

and check out these links:

How To: Host a Remote Object in a Windows Service
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetHT15.asp?...

HOW TO: Host a Remote Object in Microsoft Internet Information Services
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en...

Thanks,

Sam

--
_______________________________
Sam Santiago
"sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've read and stepped through many examples of remoting,
> and all the text and samples make use of console
> applications for the host (listener) application. Could
> someone let me know what other options there are (windows
> forms host application?) and possibly provide a simple example?
> ie. if it's a windows forms application, is it possible to
> feed a form in the host application with data from the host
> application (status data etc.)?
> Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Thanks for the quick response Sam.