how to package the server host..

Greg

10/13/2004 10:10:00 PM

I have been working with a test project which has a test form and over a
dozen projects which are referenced in the project ontaining the test form.
One of those projects referenced contains a hierarchy of objects leading up
to the base class which bears the MarshalByRefObject keyword.

The test form exercises all of these various projects which refer to each
other in some fashion. A method in one project will instantiate a class in
another, etc, etc.

Now I want to cut the umbilical cord of this monolithic Visual Studio .NET
solution and have only the server components...which means everything but
the test form. The test form will become the remoting client.

My question is -> I am going to create the server configuration file to
point to well....what? My test form references a dozen different custom
assemblies. They are all interdependent and each contribute to the currently
working executable. How do I wrap up those assemblies into one that becomes
my remoted server object?

Thanks, -hazz

1 Answer

Greg

I have broken this down into smaller pieces instead of trying to take on the
whole enchilada.
Consider this thread bare.