creating IMethod by ReturnMessage class

Dimitar Margaritov

10/13/2004 3:21:00 PM

Hi All,
I am using custom proxy to handle calls to my objects in a different way
than by passing them to message sinks etc. Therefore I use the class
ReturnMessage to create IMessage which to return from RealProxy.Invoke.
In the description of ReturnMessage's second constructor's parameters is
written:
ret -The object returned by the invoked method from which the current
ReturnMessage instance originated.
outArgs - The objects returned from the invoked method as out parameters.
outArgsCount - The number of out parameters returned from the invoked method.
callCtx - The LogicalCallContext of the method call.
mcm - The original method call to the invoked method.

I am confused by the second and third parameter. Shall I enumerate all the
call out parameters and pass them in a new array. When I do that I always get
"out of index exception" in PropagateOutParameters in RealProxy
(mscorlib.dll). However I have found that when I just pass the whole array of
parameters (no matter what kind) as second parameter everything works fine.
Is that a mistake in the MSDN or what? can anybody clarify?
Thanks in advance,
Dimitar