.Net remoting and Com+ enterprise services problem

Here is the situation:
I have business layer that runs as com+ component (server activation), and
it is exposed to clients thru remoting (remoting is configured in simple
host application that runs on the same machine as business layer).
Now I want to transfer some custom data (regarding client credentials) all
the way to com+ component.
I have implemented custom sinks that are responsible for transfering data
from client machine to host application (by transfering client's
Thread.CurrentPrincipal to server and replacing server's
Thread.CurrentPrincipal with client's), but in com+ component
Thread.CurrentPrincipal always returns windows account of host application
(in library activation all works fine, because business layer and host are
in the same process).
Passing data as parameters is out of question, because it could be a
maintenance nightmare (i have 100+ methods in business layer).
I have read bunch of enterprise services and .net framework articles
regarding security, but none seems to address this problem.
BTW this is distributed application where client could be anywhere
(internet, intranet, same computer...), so native com+ autorization isn't
good (because it relies on windows identity of the client).

1 Answer

Sam Santiago

I don't know the answer, but it sounds like you are going down a complex
route. If I were in your position, I would ask if this is the best way to
accomplish what I need. Remember the KISS principal - keep it simple...
This could potentially become a brittle piece of your application that will
cause future issues.

Thanks,

Sam

--