globalization of remote objects?

news.microsoft.com

10/12/2004 12:23:00 PM

I have a the following problem:
In a client/server application clients must be able to run in different
languages (culture's).

situation:
The resourcestrings are located on the server. The server is accross the
application boundaries; the client(s) use a remote object to translate the
strings.

what goes wrong:
When 2 clients use different culture's the
Thread.Currenthread.CultureUICulture and CurrentCulture (on the server) are
set to whatever the settings are on the last started client. So client 1
gets a the string in a wrong language.

what doesnt work:
I cannot use the overloaded function getstring from the resourcemanager
(with the culture as extra parameter) since we use third party components
which dont have these overloaded functions.
I cannot set the Thread.Currenthread.CultureUICulture and CurrentCulture on
the server every time i do something on the client. Not only is it not good
for performance, but more important: it is possible that before the server
provides an answer, client2 could have set a different culture.

Does anyone have a solution for the problem? What is the best way to handle
this (threadpool?!)? Anyone has an example somewhere?

Thanks in advance