How do I terminate an asynchronous request?

ITALstudio s.r.l.

I need be able to terminate, from the client application, a long calculation
executed on the server through an asynchronous request.

Someone can suggest to me one possible solution?

Thanks,

Luigi Lucchi
Italstudio s.r.l.

1 Answer

Ken Kolda

I would say that when the client calls the method that starts the
calculation on the server, the server would spin up a new thread and return
the thread ID (or some other kind of token) to the client. The client could
then invoke another method such as StopCalculation() and pass the token back
to the server. The server would fetch the thread with the specified ID from
some global cache and stop it gracefully.

Ken