Remoting and strong named assemblies

Peppe

10/8/2004 8:23:00 AM

I have on a server two strong named assemblies. One of the assemblies have a
class (Customer) decorated with Serializable attribute. The other assembly
has one class (CustomerHandler) derived from MarshalByRefObject. I also have
a listener (Console application) which register the CustomerHandler as a
Well-known object.

On the client I have a Windowsapplication witch reference copys of the two
strong named assemblies described above.

I can from the client send strings to CustomerHandler, which creates new
customerobjects. The client can recieve serialized customerobjects from
customerHandler, no problems.

I also can create customer-obejcts on the client computer, but if I try two
send these serialized to the CustomerHandler I get an Exception:
"An unhandled exception of type
'System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException' occurred in
mscorlib.dll"
Additional information is that the Type Customer isn´t reachable due to
securityreasons.

How can I resolve this?

2 Answers

Ken Kolda

Just to verify, have you set the TypeFilterLevel to High? See:

http://blogs.msdn.com/sanpil/archive/2004/02/23/...

Ken

"Peppe" <Peppe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have on a server two strong named assemblies. One of the assemblies have
> class (Customer) decorated with Serializable attribute. The other assembly
> has one class (CustomerHandler) derived from MarshalByRefObject. I also
have
> a listener (Console application) which register the CustomerHandler as a
> Well-known object.
>
> On the client I have a Windowsapplication witch reference copys of the two
> strong named assemblies described above.
>
> I can from the client send strings to CustomerHandler, which creates new
> customerobjects. The client can recieve serialized customerobjects from
> customerHandler, no problems.
>
> I also can create customer-obejcts on the client computer, but if I try
two
> send these serialized to the CustomerHandler I get an Exception:
> "An unhandled exception of type
> 'System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException' occurred in
> mscorlib.dll"
> Additional information is that the Type Customer isn´t reachable due to
> securityreasons.
>
> How can I resolve this?

Peppe

That solved everything