Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Jason

10/7/2004 8:10:00 PM

Hello,

I have a Windows Service that hosts a remote object that contains methods to
perform simple file operations. For example opening a file and returning a
System.IO.Stream object so that the file can be read.

This works fine if the file I'm trying to open resides on the machine that
the service is running on. I get the following error when the file resides
on a network share:

*** Unhandled Exception: System.IO.IOException: Logon failure: unknown user
name or bad password. ***

I can't seem to figure out why this is happening. The Windows Service is
configured to run as a domain user that has full access to the network
share.

I am able to access the share without problems via windows explorer. The
client is a console app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jason