WindowsIdentity in .Net Remoting

rathoreaditya81

10/5/2004 12:09:00 PM

Hi All,
Can we transport WindowsIdentity across .net Remoting process
boundaries..??
Iam using two remoteable object hosted in their respective exes and
they employ TCP channel with binary formatter.

So is it possible to move WindowsIdentity across .remoting
boundaries..??
I need it perfrom impersonation in my other module.

Any help..??

Aditya
4 Answers

Ken Kolda

If you haven't already, check out:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconaccessingobjectsinotherapplicationdomainsusingnetremoting.asp?...

Hope that helps -
Ken

"Aditya Rathore" <rathoreaditya81@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> Can we transport WindowsIdentity across .net Remoting process
> boundaries..??
> Iam using two remoteable object hosted in their respective exes and
> they employ TCP channel with binary formatter.
>
> So is it possible to move WindowsIdentity across .remoting
> boundaries..??
> I need it perfrom impersonation in my other module.
>
> Any help..??
>
> Aditya

rathoreaditya81

Thanx Ken!

Well iam trying to comprehend the content...

Aditya

"Ken Kolda" <ken.kolda@elliemae-nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:<#Z7j6uzqEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>...
> If you haven't already, check out:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconaccessingobjectsinotherapplicationdomainsusingnetremoting.asp?...
>
> Hope that helps -
> Ken
>

> "Aditya Rathore" <rathoreaditya81@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> > Can we transport WindowsIdentity across .net Remoting process
> > boundaries..??
> > Iam using two remoteable object hosted in their respective exes and
> > they employ TCP channel with binary formatter.
> >
> > So is it possible to move WindowsIdentity across .remoting
> > boundaries..??
> > I need it perfrom impersonation in my other module.
> >
> > Any help..??
> >
> > Aditya

Ken Kolda

I think I gave you the wrong URL. These are the ones I meant to give you:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/r...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/...

Sorry about that -

> Thanx Ken!
>
> Well iam trying to comprehend the content...
>
> Aditya
>
> "Ken Kolda" <ken.kolda@elliemae-nospamplease.com> wrote in message
> > If you haven't already, check out:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconaccessingobjectsinotherapplicationdomainsusingnetremoting.asp?...

> > Hope that helps -
> > Ken
> >

> > "Aditya Rathore" <rathoreaditya81@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi All,
> > > Can we transport WindowsIdentity across .net Remoting process
> > > boundaries..??
> > > Iam using two remoteable object hosted in their respective exes and
> > > they employ TCP channel with binary formatter.
> > >
> > > So is it possible to move WindowsIdentity across .remoting
> > > boundaries..??
> > > I need it perfrom impersonation in my other module.
> > >
> > > Any help..??
> > >
> > > Aditya

Javi

Hello

You can do it but it is not so easy.

HttpChannel do it straitgh, but TCP don't. Look at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/w...
5/html/wce50lrfAcceptSecurityContext.asp

It might help you.

Bye.
Javier Pardo Blasco.