José Manuel Chávez

I receive the following error while trying to configure a client

Cannot load type Telefonica.Morosos.BusinessLogic.Facade.IFacade.IAgencia,
Telefonica.Morosos.BusinessLogic.IFacade, Version=1.0.1738.17920,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

[RemotingException: Cannot load type
Telefonica.Morosos.BusinessLogic.Facade.IFacade.IAgencia,
Telefonica.Morosos.BusinessLogic.IFacade, Version=1.0.1738.17920,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.]
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage
reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +264
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&
msgData, Int32 type) +877

Telefonica.Morosos.BusinessLogic.Facade.IFacade.IAgencia.ObtenerListaAgencias() +0
PruebasMorosos.WebForm2.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\pruebasmorosos\webform2.aspx.cs:32

I have add the project of IFacade to the Remoting Client.

Any help would be appreciated.
Este mensaje no implica responsabilidad alguna.
--
José Manuel
Programador

Ken Kolda

It looks like the error is occurring during a call on the IAgencia interface
of a remote object, so that means the client app has already successfully
loaded the IAgencia type. So, either:

a) This error is coming from the server, meaning the server can't load the
specified type (I would have expected the exception to be a bit different
though -- did you past in the entire dump of the exception, i.e.
exception.ToString()?).

b) The function ObtenerListaAgencias() returns one or more objects that
implement IAgencia but the IAgencia interface they implement is not the same
one as loaded by the client. That would seem odd though since you have said
you included the IAgencia assembly in the client project. I assume your
server also uses the same assembly for the IAgencia interface, right?

If you want to post some code that we can look at, that might be helpful.

Ken