Bharat Suthar

8/4/2012 12:08:00 PM

plz send me autocad 2006 serial no. And activation key
my request code:NWXN 8GG8 P1TL 3U5J ZFPY CCZW JZKK fast its
urgent
4 Answers

pacman

In article <Aw6Em.622$5w5.432@text.news.virginmedia.com>,
bartc <bartc@freeuk.com> wrote:

>"Alan Curry" <pacman@kosh.dhis.org> wrote in message
>> In article <hbqib9$lne$1@aioe.org>, jacob navia <jn@nospam.org> wrote:
>>>
>>>bool bit_strstr(char *source, size_t source_len,
>>> char *sequence, size_t sequence_len);

[...]
>> Is the 4-bit sequence 1101 encoded as:
>> "\x0d" (high bits unused, sequence ends at low bit)
>> "\x0b" (high bits unused, sequence starts at low bit)
>> "\xd0" (low bits unused, sequence starts at high bit)
>> "\xb0" (low bits unused, sequence ends at high bit)
>
>Wouldn't it be better if this information was not disclosed? You seem to
>have explained why it isn't a good idea to directly access the bit data
>rather than going through the interface.

I assumed the bitstring representation wasn't meant to be opaque since the
pointer and length were passed separately, instead of being wrapped up in a
struct which would discourage direct access.

--
Alan Curry

jacob navia

Alan Curry a écrit :
> In article <Aw6Em.622$5w5.432@text.news.virginmedia.com>,
> bartc <bartc@freeuk.com> wrote:
>> "Alan Curry" <pacman@kosh.dhis.org> wrote in message
> [...]
>>> Is the 4-bit sequence 1101 encoded as:
>>> "\x0d" (high bits unused, sequence ends at low bit)
>>> "\x0b" (high bits unused, sequence starts at low bit)
>>> "\xd0" (low bits unused, sequence starts at high bit)
>>> "\xb0" (low bits unused, sequence ends at high bit)
>> Wouldn't it be better if this information was not disclosed? You seem to
>> have explained why it isn't a good idea to directly access the bit data
>> rather than going through the interface.
>
> I assumed the bitstring representation wasn't meant to be opaque since the
> pointer and length were passed separately, instead of being wrapped up in a
> struct which would discourage direct access.

They are (of course!) part of the bitstring container. I did not want to
clutter the question with extra definitions so I did not mention that.

Nick Keighley

On 23 Oct, 01:11, "bartc" <ba...@freeuk.com> wrote:
> "Alan Curry" <pac...@kosh.dhis.org> wrote in message
> > In article <hbqib9$ln...@aioe.org>, jacob navia  <j...@nospam.org> wrote:

> >>I am writing bit strings now, and the problem is to find if a
> >>sequence of bits is inside a larger sequence of bits.
> >>Let's say the signature is
>
> >>bool bit_strstr(char *source, size_t source_len,
> >>                char *sequence, size_t sequence_len);
>
> > When you write the documentation for this function, please clarify the bit
> > ordering. Bit endianness is not obvious enough to leave unstated. Some
> > people think the least-significant bit naturally comes first, ordering the bits
> > from (1<<0) to (1<<7). Others think the most-significant bit naturally comes
> > first, since that matches the order in which multi-digit numbers are
> > usually written. And when a byte is partially filled, it's also not obvious which
> > end will be unused.
>
> > Is the 4-bit sequence 1101 encoded as:
> >  "\x0d" (high bits unused, sequence ends at low bit)
> >  "\x0b" (high bits unused, sequence starts at low bit)
> >  "\xd0" (low bits unused, sequence starts at high bit)
> >  "\xb0" (low bits unused, sequence ends at high bit)
>
> Wouldn't it be better if this information was not disclosed? You seem to
> have explained why it isn't a good idea to directly access the bit data
> rather than going through the interface.
>
> If you imagine these bitstrings can be manipulated like arrays, and indexed
> from 0 to N-1 bits, then it may not be necessary to know the bit order
> within a char value. (And a slice of such an array could even start part-way
> through a char value.)

While I'm all for hiding stuff that shouldn't be seen, this seesm to
be going too far. Consider a bit oriented protocol. I read a bunch of
bits off a channel and then want to find a pattern in that bit
sequence (frame marker or some such). The order the bits appear in is
kind of important!

> Whatever the order, the chances are that a 32-bit slice of a such a
> bitstring, even if it was aligned to a char, would not have the bits laid
> out in memory the same way as an equivalent 32-bit int value, assuming you
> even knew which end was the least significant bit.

I'm not sure if this matters

Bartc

Nick Keighley wrote:
> On 23 Oct, 01:11, "bartc" <ba...@freeuk.com> wrote:
>> "Alan Curry" <pac...@kosh.dhis.org> wrote in message

>>> When you write the documentation for this function, please clarify
>>> the bit ordering. Bit endianness is not obvious enough to leave
>>> unstated.

>> Wouldn't it be better if this information was not disclosed?

> While I'm all for hiding stuff that shouldn't be seen, this seesm to
> be going too far. Consider a bit oriented protocol. I read a bunch of
> bits off a channel and then want to find a pattern in that bit
> sequence (frame marker or some such). The order the bits appear in is
> kind of important!

If they're read one bit at a time and stored in the bitstring type one bit
at a time, then the order is maintained.

If they are instead delivered from the device a byte or word at a time, then
the order is significant, but I don't know that knowing which of a dozen
different ways the bitstring type orders it's bits (or even whether it
stores a full 8 bits per byte) is going to be helpful, especially as the
device may have it's own bit order.

--
Bartc