Alternate to soapsuds for accessing wsdl services

Steve L

without belaboring the issues with soapsuds, most particularly, the lack of
support for authenticating proxies, can anyone point me in the direction of
an alternative of generating metadata for web services?

For example, let's say I want to write a client for a webservice for an
xmethods webservice that exposes a WSDL URL
(http://somesite.com/somesv...)

While soapsuds -url:xxxx -oa:gen.dll is one way of getting what's needed to
use the interface/methods in my remoting client, it doesnt work for some
services/deployment conditions.

TIA
aacool