Problem with Soapsuds generating code from subclasses

scayze

9/27/2004 3:40:00 PM

Hello all,

This is my first time using Soapsuds.exe and I'm trying to generate
the code for one of my assemblies. However, it doesn't seem to be
generating some of the things I need. For example, if I inherit from a
class, nothing specific to the subclass is generated. Following is an
example of that inheritance. AlertUser inherits from AlertUserBase,
which inherits from an abstract class Entity. Here are snippets from
each of the classes:

public abstract class Entity : ISerializable
{
private static bool cacheServices = true;
protected Hashtable cachedKey = new Hashtable();
protected object[] data = null;
protected string tableName = String.Empty;
protected bool dirtyBit = false;
}

public class AlertUserBase : DataObjectBase.Entity
{
public AlertUserBase()
{
}

protected AlertUserBase(System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo
info, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext context) :
base(info, context)
{
}

public int AlertId
{
get {....}
set {....}
}

public string Username
{
get {....}
set {....}
}

public System.DateTime RespondDate
{
get {....}
set {....}
}

public AlertUserInfo EntityInfo
{
get {....}
}

public static AlertUserService ServiceObject
{
get {....}
}

.
.
.
.
.
}

public class AlertUser : AlertUserBase
{
public AlertUser()
{
}

protected AlertUser(System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo
info, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext context) :
base(info, context)
{
}

public override void GetObjectData(
System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo info,
System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext context)
{
}

public AlertUser Copy()
{
}
}

The Entity class is in a base assembly; AlertUserBase and AlertUser
are in another assembly. I use Soapsuds to generate the code for the
assembly with AlertUser in it, compile the code, and create a
reference to it in a client application. The generated code naturally
includes a .cs file for the base assembly. Now when I try to use
AlertUser or AlertUserBase in the client code, I see nothing but the
variables from the Entity base class. The properties and methods of
the subclasses, whether static or non-static, are not visible. Can
anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
Shannon