Navdeep Bhardwaj

9/25/2004 9:43:00 AM

Hi
We are using remoting for the communication between our main web application
and business logic server. After using for sometime the memory uses of our
server application on the server increases to about 5-6 MB. On using the
windows performance moniter we found that a large amount of memory is being
consumed by the generation 2 object. I could not figure out the exact problem
of this. Can anybody help me out from this.
1 Answer

Sam Santiago

I would suggest getting familiar with a CLR Profiling tool. Microsoft
provides a free one. Read this article and follow the download link:

How To: Use CLR Profiler
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag/html/scaleneth...

You might want to check the leases on your remote objects to determine how
long they will hang around after you have created them.

Thanks,

Sam

--
Sam Santiago