microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Sending report via email

nsp

2/27/2006 7:51:00 PM

Some quick questions:
a) how can I force the print target to show only two options: Printer or
Email (not screen)
b) if I cannot do a, how can rerun the report if the user chooses screen (I
have some device specific fields and want them to only appear on screen and
email and not on printer)
c) if I decide to choose email, how can I force the user to select PDF
d) how can I specify a message body via code (only available options are To,
CC and subject). By default the message body is coming up as 'Axapta Report'
e) how can I specify the filename for my pdf rather then AxaptaReport.pdf

Thanks,

Norbert
2 Answers

Max Belugin

27.02.06 ? 22:51 nsp ? O?I?I ?EOOIA ?EOAI(A):

maybe, this can help?
http://dynamics-ax.blogspot.com/2006/01/writing-report-to-file-through...

--
http://be...
written in Opera mail: http://www.opera...

nsp

Hi Max,

thanks for the help. Axapta 3.0 already has an inbuilt feature for writing
the pdf and submitting it. My main concern is that strangely enough, to send
an Axapta report email, axapta allows you to set a to a cc and a subject but
does not allow you to decide on the body and attachment names.

Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated