microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Sysmailer (Dundas.mailer) strange behaviour

José M. Guisado

2/27/2006 6:24:00 PM

Hi all,

We're experiencing a bizarre behaviour of SysMailer class when sending
messages from Axapta with SysMailer: Depending on the destination address,
the message is sent or not, without an exception or error message that tell
us that there has been a problem. For example, messages sent to hotmail.com
addresses seem not to reach its destination, but from Axapta client
everything seems right...

In addition, sometimes a message like "The HELLO command failed" is
displayed. The funny tip is that this message seems to appear "randomly":
sometimes it appears when the message has not been sent correctly, and
sometimes, it does appear even if the message has reached its destination!!!

We're working on Ax 30 SP2. Have any of you experienced something
similar? Were you able to solve it? We are even thinking about using another
mail API to bypass these problems (jmail, etc.).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

JMG

1 Answer

glibs

It is most likely your problem is caused by anti-spam software. Some
anti-spam software terminates mails, which come from IP address, which is
not associated with any mail server.

You can try to send mail with Dundas mailer through your local SMTP server.
Usually it works well.