Joshua Belden

9/22/2004 5:29:00 PM

It's obvious there's a serious problem with a basic implementation of events
in remoting, the Server pauses while each Client processes the event. I've
been through the basic Chat samples online, and if you purposefully hang one
client, none of the other clients proceeding get the event.

What's the solution? I've found several areas on the web that talk about
this but each example is overly complicated or incomplete.

Is there a way to have the Server fire off an event that will not be
dependent on the Client responding appropriately?