WEB Services and .NET Remoting...

gordingin

9/22/2004 2:50:00 PM

A WEB Service and a .NET Remoting application (if I am saying that
correctly) 'can' provide the same service. Am I correct in saying that
an .NET application can consume the service provided by a .NET Web
Service and a .NET Remoting application but a NON .NET application
like a native C++ or MFC application can NOT consume the services of a
..NET Web Service but CAN use a .NET Remoting application?

In short, can a NON .NET like a MFC application use .NET Remoting to
pass data over the WEB in XML?

Thanks
Ralph Krausse

www.consiliumsoft.com
Use the START button? Then you need CSFastRunII...
A new kind of application launcher integrated in the taskbar!
ScreenShot - http://www.consiliumsoft.com/Scre...
1 Answer

Ken Kolda

No -- .NET remoting relies on the client and server both being .NET
applications. If you want to support non-.NET clients, web services is the
way to go.

Ken