Re: Performance Question on SingleCall objects.

Ken Kolda

9/21/2004 6:05:00 PM

Actually, since this is a SAO, the client app will actually create the proxy
for the object itself -- it does not get returned by the server (that's what
happens for CAOs). So, having additional properties/methods on the
WidgetManager will have no affect on the performance of obtaining a remoting
proxy.

As for viewing the proxy that's created, that's not really possible for a
SAO (as far as I know). For a CAO it's possible to serialize the proxy's
ObjRef, but for SAO there is no ObjRef (you can see that yourself by calling
RemotingServices.GetObjRefForProxy() on the SAO's proxy -- it will return
null).

Ken