network credentials and .NET Remoting: Proxy Authentication Required

Greg

9/20/2004 7:54:00 PM

We are getting a System.Net.WebException: "The remote server returned an
error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required" from one and only one client
when making calls to a remote server, hosted by IIS. I am thinking this one
client has a proxy and\or firewall for internal traffic.

Is there a way to pass username, password and domain credentials using the
app.config
<system.runtime.remoting>

section?

3 Answers

Ken Kolda

I don't believe that .NET's remoting exposes properties/methods for
supporting proxies. However, here is an article that discusses a hack that
can be made to possibly circumvent this problem. I'm not recommending you do
this and can't claim to have ever done this, but here it is:

http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/chris.taylor/archive/2004/01/24...

Ken

"Greg Robinson" <greg@cds-am.net> wrote in message
> We are getting a System.Net.WebException: "The remote server returned an
> error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required" from one and only one client
> when making calls to a remote server, hosted by IIS. I am thinking this
one
> client has a proxy and\or firewall for internal traffic.
>
> Is there a way to pass username, password and domain credentials using the
> app.config
> <system.runtime.remoting>
>
> section?

Robert Jordan

Hi Greg,

> We are getting a System.Net.WebException: "The remote server returned an
> error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required" from one and only one client
> when making calls to a remote server, hosted by IIS. I am thinking this one
> client has a proxy and\or firewall for internal traffic.
>
> Is there a way to pass username, password and domain credentials using the
> app.config
> <system.runtime.remoting>
>
> section?

using System.Net;

GlobalProxySelection.Select = new WebProxy(someProxyUrl);

All BCL-classes I'm aware about support the global
proxy selection. There is a chance, that remoting
is supporting that global setting, too.

bye
Rob

Greg

Is there a way to tell the proxy server http traffic to\from our remote
server is ok?